Keeping a person’s immune system strong is so important. While there are many things a person can do to bolster the immune system, adding nutrient-rich super foods to one’s diet can give a healthy boost.
Here are some super foods to consider adding to the diet.
- Avocados: Avocados are a good source of vitamin K, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate and copper. Rich in potassium, avocados contain more of this nutrient than bananas. Potassium is needed to regulate nerves, heartbeat and, especially, blood pressure. An added bonus for men: Avocados inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells.
- Spinach: Spinach can help protect against prostate cancer, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, lower blood pressure and strengthen muscles.
Spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in existence.
- Yogurt: Eating yogurt everyday that contains live bacterial cultures improves digestive health, boosts the immune system, provides protection against cancer and may help you live longer. Note- not all yogurts are probiotic though, so make sure the label says “live and active cultures.”
- Walnuts: Walnuts are one of the all time super foods. When it comes to health benefits, walnuts are the king of nuts. Richer in heart-healthy omega-3s than salmon, loaded with more anti-oxidants than red wine, and packing half as much muscle-building protein as chicken.
- Blackberries: Blackberries are packed with Vitamin C, calcium and magnesium with more than double the amounts than their popular cousin, the blueberry. Vitamin C is a powerful stress reducer that can lower blood pressure and return cortisol levels to normal faster when taken during periods of stress. Magnesium and calcium act together to help regulate the nerves and muscle tone. Too little magnesium in your diet can cause nerve cells to become over activated and can trigger muscular tension, soreness, spasms, cramps, and fatigue.
Eating healthy is one pro-active way to help keep one’s immune system strong and help avoid illness.
If you are interested in more health tips that may be most appropriate for your particular needs and circumstances, contact us today at Acupuncture Alternatives – 480 671 5178.