Meet Jim Burnis, MS, Dipl. Ac, licensed Acupuncturist and owner of Acupuncture Alternatives LLC.
- Jim earned his Masters of Science Degree in Acupuncture from The Phoenix Institute of Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture, which is an accredited four-year graduate program in Phoenix, Arizona.
- He received his Diplomate in Acupuncture from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and completed a post-graduate internship at the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Chengdu, China.
- He has also received Certificate of Completion, Advanced Herbalist Training from Institute of Chinese Herbology which is located in Concord, California. Jim's undergraduate work includes a Bachelor of Science degree from Arizona State University and technical training in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Most recently Jim completed a comprehensive training program in sports medicine thru AcuSport Education; one of the most advanced Orthopedic and Sports Acupuncture Certification Programs available.
- Other career experience has been serving as a Licensed Acupuncturist for a number of years with Banner Baywood Hospital's Prevention and Wellness/ECHO Program, in addition to his private practice, Acupuncture Alternatives LLC.
- His work was published in the Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies - "Effectiveness of Acupuncture Therapy on Stress in a Large Urban College Population - publication date Jan 5, 2017.
Jim Burnis On YouTube
Below is a link to a YouTube video of Jim being interviewed on Doc Talk TV and Radio where he talks more about how he got into training to be an Acupuncturist, along with a demo of Acupuncture and other useful information about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.